OUTCOMES AND IMPACT
A shift in the business models of a company is not something easy to set up. We want SMEs to realize they can make profit out of a more ethical and sustainable design and production workflow. We can list the five main impacts on economy and society:
- Change the minds of the companies producing furniture: Profit is often generated based on reduction of costs with mass production strategies. We introduce a set of tools that reduce the design and manufacturing costs, generate awareness among producers on environmental impacts and increase the consumers customisation and satisfaction.
- Generate the demand for DIT process on the market: Today, there too few services like the one demonstrated by INEDIT. This dissemination and trainings can create an new impulse on the furniture market.
- Reduce the carbon footprint: Designing global while producing locally, close to the consumer, units on demand therefore contribute to carbon footprint reduction.
- Make circular economy concrete for consumers, designers, and producers: By understanding what can be produced based on recycled materials and what concrete actions can be taken for sustainable production.
- Empower consumers in the design definition and customization to build more individual furniture that better fit their requirements, so that their lifespan and the value for the consumers are higher.
These innovations disrupt the way manufacturers will work, so we will develop learning units and paths based on these project outcomes. The consortium distribution allows us to make trainings in four countries.
- OUT11 Social Media
- OUT12 Dissemination and Communication material
Web page, LinkedIn available and disseminating content
Logo, flyer, factsheet and footage video
- OUT13 Learning Paths
Online learning modules and learning paths available online
- OUT14 Hands on trainings
Training sessions delivered
DEL11 Dissemination Plan
IIC will be in charge of the plan for the dissemination of the Activity and its results (webpage, Identity set, linkedIn page, tweets, communication and dissemination trough all partners networks, Participation to EITM events, footage video).
DEL12 Financial Sustainability Agreement
Arts et Métiers will supervise the agreement between EIT Manufacturing for the sustainability contribution on the financial backflow from the Activity to EIT Manufacturing.
DEL13 Report on Online learning modules and Learning path
Individual e-modules and specifications of the learning paths on the Do It Together approach.
DEL14 Roll out and scalability plan
Includes train the trainer activities to be executed by the end of the project.
DEL15 Commercialisation Plan
Arts et Metiers (ENSAM) will be in charge of the commercialisation plan (most suitable Business Model and Financial Sustainability scheme, together with project partners and the EIT, based on the first year activity and outputs).
DEL16 Report on Trainings
Report on the organisation and evaluation of trainings.